Street scene, Marysville, Ohio.
Marysville was originally part of Northwest Territory, and then became part of the Virginia Military District within that territory, and eventually became part of the state of Ohio. One of the original surveyors of the area was James Galloway, Jr., who first visited in 1805. Marysville was founded in 1816 by Samuel W. Cuthbertson, who named the town after his daughter Mary, along the small waterway of Mill Creek.
MORE FROM T.A.
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer - Al Stephenson, Helen, Georgia, USA.
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer - Frank Aleksandrowicz, Norwood, Ohio, USA.
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer - Dick Swanson, Philadelphia, USA.
FSA: SHELDON DICK – Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (1938)
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer – Dick Swanson, Philadelphia, PA.
LEWIS HINE COLLECTION: "Newsies at Skeeters Branch" (1910)
NEW YORK COLLECTION: Berenice Abbott - "Willow Place" (1936)
MODEL COLLECTION: "Auto #1"
GUN COLLECTION: "Daughter Shot Herself to Death" (1983)