The Tuskegee Civic Association (or TCA), a nonprofit organization, was founded on April 13, 1941 at a meeting held at Greenwood Missionary Baptist Church, Tuskegee Institute, Alabama. This photo was taken at the June 24, 1958 (at Butler Chapel AMEZ Church) meeting of the First Anniversary Celebration which occurred one year after”Tuskegee Boycott.”
MORE FROM T.A.
TRAJAN DRIVE COLLECTION: Unknown Location... 1954
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer - Marc St. Gil, Leakey, Texas, USA.
JOHNSON COLLECTION: The Lake
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer - Gene Daniels, Fresno, California, USA.
DOCUMERICA (1971-1977): Photographer - Frank Aleksandrowicz, Norwood, Ohio, USA.
RUSSELL LEE - "Pie Town, New Mexico (1940)"
MINNESOTA ARCHIVE: "Fishing on Mille Lacs Lake" (1950)
BORDER COLLECTION: Gertrude Fitzgerald - "El Paso and Border Towns" (1890-1920)
CIVIL RIGHTS COLLECTION: "NAACP Picket for Education Equality" (1963)